I absolutely love this dish. It’s full of slightly sweet, savory, warm, cheesy goodness. I could have this as a meal on its own, but it makes an awesome side dish to just about any meal. It’s really easy to prepare, and so good you’ll go back for more. 99 and 3/4% guaranteed.
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the muffin mix, both cans of corn, sour cream, and melted butter until well-combined.
- Pour into a greased 9×13 casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with cheese.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Broil on high for just a few minutes if you want it bubbly and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This makes a great side dish for dinner, but it’s also a great dish for a potluck. Just transfer it to a crock pot and keep it on warm. You could probably even make this in the crock pot, but I haven’t tried that method yet. I’ll have to do that one day and come back for an update. Dig in, and enjoy.