So, you want to try to eat healthier. Eating healthier means eating breakfast. If you’re not a breakfast person (like me), this can be tough. I have a billion other things to do in the morning. I don’t even have time to toast anything, much less cook. I needed something that was quick, easy to make, and good for on-the-go. Enter smoothies! They’re easy, they’re good for you, and this recipe tastes like a treat.
- 1 cup frozen mixed fruit
- 2 scoops (or recommended serving size) vanilla protein powder
- 1/3 cup yogurt (whatever kind you like, but I recommend flavored)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 squirts Crush flavor enhancer (trust me on this- they are delicious- just don’t buy them on Amazon…they’re much cheaper at the grocery store)
- The order of ingredients doesn’t matter too much, but this is how I layer mine in the blender:
- Fruit first, then yogurt, protein powder, almond milk, and finally the Crush flavor enhancer.
- Once you get all of the ingredients in the blender, close the lid, and give it a good shake. The frozen fruit can get stuck together with the other ingredients added.
- Then blend until the fruit is pulverized. (Side note- the longer you blend, the frothier the smoothie will be. If you don’t like a lot of froth, blend for as little time as possible.)
- Pour, and enjoy!
If you add too much fruit, you’ll have a stiff, frozen yogurt pretty much. Add too little fruit, and it’s too runny. It took me several tries to get it right, but I believe I have a winner with this one. It’s just the right consistency, in my opinion. The flavor of the favor enhancer is totally up to you. I’ve tried it with all flavors and they’re all good. This recipe makes one (roughly) 16 ounce smoothie. Sometimes I have a bit left over after filling my tumbler, but that’s just a bonus, right?
There you have it. It takes less than 5 minutes from start to finish, and it’s even easier with a NutriBullet. (<– This link will take you to the exact one I bought on Amazon. It’s certified refurbished. It still performs just like new at a fraction of the cost!) If you don’t have one of these awesome gadgets and you plan to smoothie, I highly recommend picking one up. It’s worth the money! These babies are powerful, and they don’t take up a lot of space like a regular blender.
This is even a great meal replacement for lunch, or if you’re looking for a light dinner every now and then. And if you’re craving something sweet and want to reach for something unhealthy, make a smoothie instead!
I’ve been adding a handful of raw spinach to my smoothies, and it’s delicious!! I have also tried them without the yogurt (for the sake of carbs), and it does affect the taste or texture very much. Mix it up, and make these your own!